Celcom Axiata Berhad has signed a strategic teaming agreement with nTels Co. Ltd. – a global provider of integrated wired and wireless business solutions – for the provision of Celcom’s own M2M (machine-to-machine) business solutions platform.
Under the agreement, nTels will provide the N-PLMS, N-Rater, N-Billing, and Self-Care Web Portal components as part of the integrated M2M Connected Services system architecture. The platform will be fully hosted in Celcom’s data centres and connected via Celcom’s nationwide mobile network, allowing customers to customise security access through their M2M SIM (subscriber identity module) devices within a secure private network without needing to connect via the internet.
Celcom’s M2M Connected Services is expected to provide fast plan development and easy customisation while giving Celcom’s customers and partners more control of their deployed devices. Customers stand to enjoy near real-time billing, self-service activation and deactivation, usage threshold management, and added monitoring features.
The new architecture will also enable efficient management of usage and costs through features such as alarm triggers for airtime over-usage, preventing “bill shock” and allowing customers to manage their businesses better for reduced network expenses and greater visibility into their subscriptions.
Celcom’s M2M Connected Services is expected to be rolled-out and available to customers by June with all current Celcom M2M accounts migrated from existing billing systems to this dedicated platform. Current business solutions which stand to benefit from this platform include:
- Credit card POS (point-of-sales) – Banks and businesses will be able to monitor the data usage and SIM status of their mobile credit card POS readers to avoid over data usage
- Remote Meter Reading for Utilities – Electricity and water supply service providers are able to send and receive billing information remotely and in real time via mobile readers
- Wireless ATM (automated teller machine) – With M2M wireless connectivity, banking institutions will be able to install and monitor ATMs anywhere in Malaysia through Celcom’s widest nationwide mobile network with secure connections
- SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) – Industrial operators can monitor the status of for the failure of components e.g. power generators, engines or motors to detect or anticipate failures that can cause disruptions in output and supply
- Wireless CCTV (closed-circuit television) – Subscribers can monitor live video feeds on-the-go via a dedicated cloud network
- Fleet Management – M2M Connected Services can integrate vehicle monitoring, tracking, theft prevention, diagnostics, and route efficiency through a system accessible even from mobile devices
En. Jefri Ahmad Tambi, Chief Business Solutions Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad, said, “As a pioneer and leader in M2M services, we are evolving our services as the market matures with changing requirements. This new platform will offer an enhanced customer experience moving into the future including the flexibility and control of self-service as well as enabling us to meet customised requirements in a very short time.”
“We are proud to partner with nTels who is a leader in convergent services in Korea and who have already been recognised worldwide with numerous clients, partners and awards. This partnership will help Celcom forge new markets and introduce more integrated business solutions for the benefits of our new and existing customers,” En. Jefri added.
For further enquiries, please email [email protected] or call 1800 111 777. Existing Celcom business solutions customers can also get in touch with their dedicated account manager.