U Mobile Sdn Bhd and SAS Malaysia, a company offering business analytics software and services, today announced the integration of SAS’ Visual Analytics solution into U Mobile’s operations in Malaysia. With the solution, it will give U Mobile immediate access to real-time consumer behaviour data for significantly more informed business decisions.
[Andrew Tan (left), Managing Director of SAS Malaysia and Jaffa Sany Ariffin (right), Chief Executive Officer of U Mobile Sdn Bhd shaking hands and exchanging the partnership document at the signing ceremony.]
The initial phase of the integration of SAS’ Visual Analytics encompasses U Mobile’s marketing, product development and sales departments. Jaffa outlined the company’s commitment to ensuring that consumers are first in line to benefit from U Mobile’s capabilities enhancement.
According to Jaffa Sany Ariffin, Chief Executive Officer of U Mobile, the new solution will help the operator enhance their services. “We will be using SAS’ Visual Analytics to better understand our customers”.
Responding to a question from MalaysianWireless, Jaffa said “We use analytic(solutions) from Ericsson & ZTE previously however they are not experts in this field.”
“As consumers continue to seek ever increasing levels of service experience, it is vital for industry players to remain on top of market trends and opportunities. Through SAS’ Visual Analytics, we will have an in-depth analysis of our customers’ profiling, behaviour and usage patterns which will enable U Mobile to be more proactive in analysing and understanding our customers better and continue offering them relevant quality mobile and customer experience,” he said.
Andrew Tan, Managing Director of SAS Malaysia told MalaysianWireless that data which previously took 5-10 hours to process in the past can now be processed within minutes with the SAS Visual Analytics solution.
“Analytics offers a powerful means for businesses to capitalise on their data assets, and SAS’ deep expertise in analytics has helped many businesses mine big data to find new opportunities and drive better business results,” said Tan.
Key Benefits of SAS Visual Analytics:
- Broaden access to analytics and empower all users. SAS Visual Analytics enables users of all skill levels to conduct fast, thorough explorations on all available data – revealing more options and prompting more precise decisions. Easy-to-use, interactive Web interfaces help everyone glean new insights for greater success faster than ever before.
- Answer complex questions faster and enhance the productivity of your analytical talent. SAS Visual Analytics augments the data discovery and exploration process by providing extremely fast results to enable better, more focused analysis. The solution dramatically improves the productivity of your analytically savvy users by helping them quickly identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Improve information sharing and collaboration. A variety of users, including those with limited analytical skills, can quickly view and interact with reports and charts via the Web, Adobe PDF files and iPad mobile devices, while IT maintains control of the underlying data and security. The solution provides the right information to the right person at the right time to improve productivity and organizational knowledge.
- Liberate IT by giving users a new way to access the information they need. Free IT from the constant barrage of demands from users requesting access to different amounts of data, data views, ad hoc reports and one-off requests. With SAS Visual Analytics, IT can load and prepare data for multiple users in one instance. Users can then dynamically explore data, create reports and share information, all without constantly requiring IT support.
- Grow at a self-determined pace. SAS Visual Analytics provides the option of using commodity hardware or database appliances from EMC Greenplum and Teradata. Designed from the ground up for performance optimization and scalability, the solution meets the needs of all organizations, regardless of their size.
Jaffa said that U Mobile has more than 4 million subscribers at the moment and plans to launch LTE this year after the 13th Malaysia General Election.