Celcom Axiata Berhad on last week unveiled that it has chosen Usain Bolt as an icon for Celcom’s Fastest Territory campaign.
Some details of Celcom’s upcoming 4G LTE campaign:
- Usain Bolt represents the lightning-fast speed of Celcom 4G LTE. Celcom brought Usain’s speed and spirit to Malaysia in line with the seamless internet experience that The Fastest Territory now offers.
- On Monday 22 April 2013, the public will be able to see Usain Bolt – the face of Celcom’s Fastest Territory through advertisements on major TV and news dailies. In the week leading up to the unveiling, Celcom put up teaser billboards since Thursday night on 11 April 2013 at SS2 along the Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP) and USJ Summit.
Some updated information on Celcom 4G LTE and Network:
- Celcom 4G LTE will first be deployed in selected areas in the Klang Valley, Penang, and Johor’s Iskandar Malaysia growth corridor, including the Legoland theme park.
- For now, customers can have a preview of the blazing-fast data speeds, enhanced browsing and connectivity, and HD-quality video that Celcom 4G LTE offers at the Celcom 4G LTE Experience Hubs at Celcom headquarters at Menara Celcom, KL as well as Celcom flagship Blue Cube store at Sunway Pyramid.
- Currently, Celcom has 60 to 70 sites ready to run in the Klang Valley. By Q3 2013, Celcom is expected to have 300 sites running. By end 2015, 1500 sites will be switched nationwide. Full list of current Celcom 4G LTE coverage here[Link].
- Celcom is offering the first 1,000 customers a free 3-months usage, 4G LTE modem for RM199 starting tomorrow. Details here[Link].
Check out the latest Celcom 4G LTE- The Fastest Man- TVC below which MalaysianWireless have managed to obtain:
About Usain Bolt:
- Arguably the most naturally gifted athlete the world has ever seen, Usain St Leo Bolt (born 21 August 1986), confirmed his tremendous talents when he realized his dreams by winning a phenomenal three gold medals and breaking three world records at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. Bolt became the first man in Olympic history to win both the 100m and 200m races in world record times and then as part of the 4x100m team that also smashed the world record later in the meet. He created history again and became a legend at the 2012 Olympic Games in London by defending all three Olympic titles with 100m, 200m and 4x100m victories, the latter in a new world record time of 36.84 secs.
- 2007 was the breakthrough year in that he broke the 30 year old Jamaican 200m Record, held by the great Donald Quarrie, with a time of 19.75 secs to win the Jamaican Senior T&F Championships. He went to the 2007 IAAF World T&F Championships in Osaka, Japan in good form and won two silver medals in the 200m and 4x 100m relay.
- In 2008 Usain Bolt rewrote the history books and became one of the biggest sports stats on the planet. He moved down in distance to the 100m sprint and in his second race of the year broke the world record with a time of 9.72 secs in New York. Since then he has gone from strength to strength with his heroic achievements in the Olympic Games in Beijing and London and in the IAAF World T&F Championships in Berlin and Daegu. He is undoubtedly the ‘World’s Fastest Man’ having broken the 100m world record three times and the 200m record two times.
- Usain has been awarded the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year on two occasions (2009 & 2010); the IAAF Male Athlete of the Year four times (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012) as well as many awards in many countries in all corners of the world. He has his own clothing line in conjunction with Puma; his own watch made by Hublot; his own headphone range ‘Soul by Usain Bolt’; his own restaurant ‘Tracks & Records’ in Kingston, Jamaica; the ‘Usain Bolt Foundation’ and endorses some of the top brands in the world.
- In his personal life, Bolt expresses a love for dancing and his character is frequently described as laid-back and relaxed. His Jamaican track and field idols include Herb McKenley and former Jamaican 100m and 200m world record holder, Don Quarrie. Michael Johnson, the former 200 m world and Olympic record holder, is also held in high esteem by Bolt.
- Bolt is Catholic and is known for making the sign of the cross before racing competitively. His middle name is Saint Leo. In 2010, Bolt also revealed his fondness of music when he played a reggae DJ set to a crowd in Paris.
- The first sport to interest Bolt was cricket and he said if he was not a sprinter he would be a fast bowler instead. Bolt is also a football buff and a supporter of Manchester United. He has declared he is a fan of Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy. Bolt was a special guest of Manchester United at the 2011 UEFA Champions League final in London, where he stated he’d like to play for them after he retires. In 2013 Bolt played basketball in the NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game. He scored two points from a slam dunk but acknowledged his other basketball skills were lacking.