Maxis Berhad has officially announced today that it has partnered with leading antivirus provider Symantec to offer Norton Mobile Security for Android smartphone owners.
Norton Mobile Security from Maxis is available on a subscription basis, cost RM1 a week or RM3 a month.
Features of Norton Mobile Security for Android below:
- Anti-Phishing Web Protection – Protects and reports malicious sites that may contain malware. Through this feature, users are protected from malicious websites that could try to steal your personal information.
- Call & Text Blocker – Allows users to block specific people or phone numbers so that users are not disturbed by unwanted calls and SMS.
- Lost Notice – In the event of a lost phone, allows users to send customised message to the person who located the device to have it returned.
- Remote Lock – Users are able to lock the device remotely via the web or SMS to prevent others from accessing the data and information on the device.
- Remote Locate – Pinpoints lost or stolen phones or tablets on a map to help users find their devices fast.
- Remote Wipe – Allows users to wipe data and information in the device, both of which are stored in the internal memory or external memory, via SMS or the web.
As an added benefit, customers who subscribe to Norton Mobile Security will enjoy a 1-month free trial from the time of subscription.
To subscribe to Norton Mobile Security via Maxis UMB, dial *200# from their mobile phones and choose Maxis Secure. Alternatively, customers can subscribe via SMS. For more details, contact Maxis.