Maxis launched #Hotlink today, its latest prepaid plan with unlimited dial up internet service at 64Kbps.
The mobile operator claims that it has internally tested the new #Hotlink plan with the free basic 64Kbps Internet service and said that it works well with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Waze, among others.
What the new #Hotlink plan offers:
- Started pack cost RM8.80, comes with RM5 preloaded airtime
- Free basic internet at 64Kbps, as long as the prepaid plan remains active. Some examples of applications which customers can enjoy on basic internet include Whatsapp, Line, WeChat, Facebook, Twitter as well as non-data intensive websites.
- Low flat rates of 12 sen per 30 seconds(24sen/min) for voice calls and 7 sen per SMS to all networks
- High speed internet up 42Mbps, 1GB per month for RM30
- Up to 8% free airtime once every 2 months based on the customer’s cumulative top-up amounts.
- Lowest IDD Rates with IDD132 to top 10 countries
Dushyan Vaithiyanathan, Maxis’ Head of Consumer Business, said, “In today’s mobile internet environment, constant connectivity is no longer a luxury but a necessity. With #Hotlink, what we are essentially offering is an ‘always connected’ experience. It is a simple, flexible plan that is relevant to the needs of our prepaid community.
“This plan represents a new category of mobile internet usage, which eliminates the current high entry barrier since there are absolutely no pay-per-use charges. Therefore, we are extremely excited at the prospects of #Hotlink as it is an ideal product that is aimed at widening access to the internet.”
All exiting Hotlink users including the Bagus Plan can migrate to the new #Hotlink plan, except those using Hotlink Youth Club, Hotlink Campus Edition, Hotlink Broadband, Hotlink Sabah/Sarawak/Terengganu/Kelantan Plan. To upgrade to the new #Hotlink plan, users will need to dial *108*25# from their mobile phones.
More details on the Hotlink website.