Maybank has just launched a new service called Cardless Withdrawal. The service allows Maybank customers with Internet banking service to send money to any mobile phone users in Malaysia. The recipients don’t have to be a Maybank customer and they can withdraw cash without an ATM card at any 2,800 Maybank ATM machine nationwide.
The service is open to Maybank2u and Maybank2u mobile app users.
[Sender] How to send cash to your recipients:
- Login to Maybank2u/M2u App
- Click ‘Transfer’, then ‘Cardless Withdrawal’
- Enter Recipient’s mobile number, name and amount (minimum RM100)
- Enter TAC and click ‘Confirm’
- You’ll receive a Withdrawal Code via SMS. Forward it to your Recipient
[Recipient] How to withdraw cash from the Maybank ATM machine:
- Proceed to any Maybank ATM, press ‘Enter’ key and select your preferred language
- Select ‘Cardless Withdrawal’
- Enter Transaction ID ( Maybank sends out the transaction ID via SMS, consists of the 6 digit transaction ID followed by the Recipient’s 10 to 11 digit mobile number)
- Enter Withdrawal Code forwarded by the Sender
- Retrieve your cash.
The transaction is available in a fixed amount of RM100, RM200 & RM300, limited to a maximum RM300 in a day. Each transaction is valid up to 24 hours, if the recipient failed to withdraw the money within the period, the sender’s account won’t be deducted.
Maybank said that a RM1 service charge for each transaction(applies to failed transaction as well) will be waived until 28 February 2014. The Maybank Cardless Withdrawal service is available from 6 am to 12 midnight daily.
As part of the new service launch, Maybank is running a contest that offers RM500 cash to three lucky customers who perform successful Cardless Withdrawal transactions every day and the offer will run for 30 days.
More details on the Maybank website.