Motorola Mobility has made available the Moto X in Malaysia via its distributor Brightstar Malaysia. The Moto X is price at RM1499 for the 16GB version.
There are nearly 50 software enhancements since the Moto X was first released, including useful new features for Touchless Control, Moto Assist, Active Display and more. The smartphone was first launched in August last year.
Key Features of the Motorola Moto X:
- General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, quad-band UMTS/HSPA, 100 Mbps LTE (800/1800/2600MHz )
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4, 130 g
- Display: 4.7″ 16M-color 720p (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touchscreen RGB AMOLED display with curved Gorilla Glass and ~316 ppi
- Processor: A custom-built Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System, based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait, GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Memory: 16GB storage
- Cameras: 10 megapixel auto-focus Clear Pixel camera with 1.4 µm-sized pixels, f/2.4 aperture, native 16:9 aspect ratio, face detection, HDR mode, panorama, geo-tagging; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps with HDR, Secondary 2MP front-facing camera with FullHD video capture; Quick capture allows you to activate the camera with a double twist of your wrist;
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC, wireless screen sharing (Miracast protocol)
- Misc: Composite plastic materials – surrounding back panel and curved edge-to-edge Gorilla Glass front; dual-mic setup for noise cancellation; water-repellent coating on electrical components for trouble-free operation in the rain; some 50 GB worth of extra free Google Drive storage for 2 years (on top of the usual 15GB); Active Display system, showing notifications on a fraction of the screen size when the screen is off; Touchless control – voice control capabilities in standby (with the screen off).
- Battery capacity: 2200mAh.
“I like the Moto X. I really, really do. It’s the smartest smart object I’m currently carrying on my person and I’m too used to that Active Display to calmly resume life with my DNA,” wrote gadget site, Engadget.
“I like where this new Motorola’s going: the personalization, the few, focused user-friendly enhancements, the stellar battery life and crowdsourced design”.
Check out the full review of Moto X on Engadget over here.
Moto X is now available at via Brightstar dealers(where to buy) in Malaysia.