Xiaomi Malaysia launched the Mi 3 in Malaysia. The Android device, price at RM889 went on sale at 12pm earlier today and sold out approximately 17 minutes later. Xiaomi Malaysia said some 4000 units of the Mi 3 and 5000 units of the Mi Power Bank (RM36) were sold.
The Mi 3 is the “fastest smartphone in the market, even faster than the S5′, as Xiaomi claims. In reality, from a hardware perspective, the Mi 3 runs Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 clocked at 2.3Ghz while the Samsung Galaxy S5 has a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor that is clocked at 2.5Ghz.
Xiaomi Mi 3 specifications below:
- Display: 5-inch IPS display, 1920 X 1080 full HD resolution, 441 ppi
- Operating System: Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with MIUI v5
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB, Quad-core Krait 400 2.3GHz, GPU Adreno330
- Memory & Storage: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB ROM emmC 4.5
- Cellular & Wireless: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz, GPRS/EDGE/DC-HSPA+ (42Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, DLNA, Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth HID, NFC
- Camera: Rear- 13 megapixel BSI camera by Sony, Dual LED flash by Phillips, f / 2.2 aperture 28mm wide-angle lens, Front- 2-megapxiel front-facing camera
- Video Recording: Rear- 1080p recording at 30fps / 720p recording at 90fps, Front- 1080p recording at 30fps
- Multimedia: Dirac HD stereo sound, FM radio, Immersion motion
- Location: A-GPS + GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Cellular
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Light sensor, Gravity sensing,Proximity sensor, Digital compass
- Battery: 3050mAh, 3G browsing- 21 hours, 2G talking- 25 hours, Music playback- 50 hours, Stand-by time- 500 hours
- SIM Card: Mini-SIM (regular size)
Consumers in Malaysia who wants to purchase the Mi 3 from Xiaomi could only do so on its website. Currently out of stock, the second batch of the stock is set to arrive next week. Delivery time is up to 2-weeks.
The Mi 3 will also be available via Celcom, Maxis and DiGi starting 27 May next week.
The company revealed that the Xiaomi Redmi 1S will be available sometime June in Malaysia and the MiPad around the end of June or early July.
Xiaomi said that it has 35 million MIUI Android users in 28 languages, supported on 223 handsets, 180+ weekly updates.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi claims that it is a “mobile Internet company dedicated to creating the ultimate user experience” through its portfolio of hardware, software and services. Xiaomi offers a series of high performance smartphones and TV products; MIUI, a highly customizable operating system based on Android; and Internet apps and services such as Mi Cloud, MiTalk and the MIUI Themes store. The company is headquartered in Beijing, China, and said to have over 4,000 employees worldwide.