As a successor to the most successful smartphone in Motorola’s history, the second generation Motorola Moto G (2014) is now available in Malaysia starting October 25 at the retail price of RM688 for the 8GB version.
The new Moto G is powered by Android 4.4, KitKat mobile operating system. It comes with an 8MP rear camera that captures 720p video at up to 30fps, plus a second 2MP camera on the front for selfies. The new Moto G features interchangeable backs called Motorola Shells that let users customise the look of the phone.
Specifications of the Motorola Moto G (2014):
|Operating system||Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)|
|System Architecture/Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 305 450MHz GPU|
|Storage (ROM)||Dual SIM – 8GB versionRemovable storage: Supports up to 32GB microSD card|
|Dimensions||Width: 70.7mmHeight: 141.5mm
|Display||5.0″ 720p HD 720×1280 IPS, 294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Battery||2070 mAhMixed usage up to 24 hours|
|Networks||GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+ (up to 21.1 Mbps downlink / 5.76 Mbps uplink)|
|Bands||GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)|
|Rear Camera||8 MP (4:3)6 MP (16:9)
|Front Camera||2 MP + 720p HD video|
|Connectivity||Micro USB, 3.5mm headset jack|
|Bluetooth Technology||Bluetooth version 4.0 LE|
|Speakers||Double 12x15x3.0mm, stereo, front-ported|
|Audio Playback||AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, PCM, FLAC, MIDI, QCELP, EVRC, OGG/Vorbis|
|Video Playback||720p HD Video, 30fps (MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VP8)|
|Video Capture||720p HD Video, 30fps (MPEG4, H.264)|
|Location Services||GPS, GLONASS|
|Base Color||Black or White|
Features of the Moto G, according to Motorola:
- 5” HD Display and Stereo Sound: Bring videos, pictures, and everything else to life on this bigger, scratch-resistant HD display. With 294 pixels per inch, it’s incredibly sharp, so text and images always appear crisp and clear. In addition to the brilliant display, the new Moto G was designed with two speakers on the front, so you hear music and videos in full stereo sound. Watch, read, listen and browse on this big, beautiful phone.
- All-Day Battery: Go all day without plugging in, thanks to a long-lasting 2070 mAh battery. Think about everything you want to do, not how much time you have to do it.
- Quad-Core Speed: Listen to music and surf the web at the same time. The powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2GHz quad-core CPU and advanced graphics lets you switch back and forth between tasks without ever slowing down.
- Pure Android Experience with Guaranteed Upgrade: Your new Moto G runs Android 4.4, KitKat, and delivers a pure Android experience. That means that we don’t hide the operating system under custom skins that get in the way and take up valuable resources. It also means that your new Moto G is not loaded up with competing versions of Google’s mobile services. The result? A beautiful, intuitive, and fast mobile experience. And with a guaranteed upgrade, know that you’ll stay up to date with the best Android experience.
- Customise with Motorola Shells: Start with a black or white front, and then let the fun begin. The new Moto G features interchangeable backs called Motorola Shells that let you customise the look of your phone. With tons of colour and design combinations, you will get a lot of personalisation options to choose to match your style.
The new Moto G will be available in black and white, through retail stores across Malaysia starting from 25 October 2014, and the suggested retail price is RM688. Check with local carriers and retailers for more details on price and availability.