Ingram Micro Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. announced a new smartphone protection coverage plan, Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential; enabling customers to protect their mobile device(s) against accidental damage by offering a wide-range of benefits. This insurance plan is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Malaysia Berhad.Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential offers repair service and replacement for mobile devices that has a retail value between RM1,000 up to RM3,500.
Key benefits of Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential:
- Accidental damage
- Liquid or water damage
- Phone bill and contract protection of up to RM1,000 for pre-paid and post paid subscribers (For customers who are hospitalised for more than 7-days, Zurich will settle their phone bills, up to RM1,000)
- Repair or replacement service
- Free Pick-up and delivery service for repairs and replacement with like-for-like device
- Free technical hotline on how to use your phone
- Unlimited claims
- Worldwide coverage up to 60 days
- 3 months warranty on all repairs
- Trend Micro Mobile Security Application offering protection against lost of device data, viruses and spyware, unsafe websites, fake apps and Facebook identity theft
- 3 months extended warranty on top of phone manufacturer’s warranty
- Seven (7) days turnaround time for standard repairs and
- Two (2) days turnaround time for device replacement
Customers who purchase a smartphone from Ingram dealers will able to take up one of the plan below. The insurance plan cannot be selected and is dependent on the retail price of the smartphone.
Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential Insurance plan pricing:
|Plan||Device Price (RRP)||Annual Premium|
|A||RM 1000.00 – RM 1499.00||RM 179.00|
|B||RM 1500.00 – RM 1999.00||RM 199.00|
|C||RM 2000.00 – RM 2499.00||RM 279.00|
|D||RM 2500.00 – RM 2999.00||RM 299.00|
|E||RM 3000.00 – RM 3500.00||RM 339.00|
There is also an “Excess Fee” that customers will have to pay every time a claim is made:
- For Repair: Device less than RM 1,500 retail value – RM 60, Devices greater than RM 1,500 retail value – RM 120
- For Replacement: Device less than RM 1,500 retail value – RM 120, Devices greater than RM 1,500 retail value – RM 240
The Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential Insurance plan will only be offered via Ingram Micro dealers nationwide. Once a smartphone is purchased, customers must register and sign up for the Insurance plan at the store.
Some of the smartphone brands that Ingram Micro offers include the Apple iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC, Huawei, Nokia, OPPO, Samsung, Sony and others. Ignram Micro told MalaysianWireless that the Ingram Micro Cover Plus – Essential plan is not just limited to the brands that Ingram distributes, but other smartphone brands that are available via the Ingram mobile phone dealers.
The new plans will be available from 1 December 2014 onwards at 100 selected authorized Ingram Micro dealers across Klang Valley and will be expanded to more dealers throughout Malaysia in the coming months.
Speaking at the launch, David Fike, President of General Insurance – Zurich Insurance Malaysia shared, “Malaysia has a healthy growing population of mobile phone users who consider their mobile device to be the solution in the evolution of technology, today. And Zurich readily recognizes the need to provide protection for mobile devices which is now considered the most omnipresent communication tool in staying connected with family, friends even business associates. We’re confident that Ingram Micro Cover Plus can grow to become a significant necessity to smart phone users and essentially the perfect cover for it.”
Zurich Insurance Malaysia Berhad, as part of Zurich Insurance Group was formerly known as Malaysian Assurance Alliance Berhad (MAA). The company offers a vast range of general and life insurance solutions through its 5,400 tied Life Insurance agents, and 3,000 multi-tied General Insurance agents.
“We are excited to be working with Zurich to bring customers in Malaysia a comprehensive mobile device insurance policy. With this policy, customers can look forward to an all-inclusive coverage and total peace of mind,” said Michael Archdeacon, Managing Director of Ingram Micro, Mobility Division, Malaysia.
Ingram Micro is a global distribution company with over 132 distribution centres worldwide. Headquartered in the US, Ingram Micro distributes and markets a large variety of electronics which it sources from manufacturers such as Acer Inc., Apple, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard (HP), IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung and others. The company ranks 69th in the 2014 Fortune 500.