HTC has launched the Desire EYE smartphone and soon will make the RE camera available in Malaysia. The HTC Desire EYE is price at RM1699 while the Re camera will be priced at RM699.
“Changing the face of mobile photography” as HTC says it, the HTC Desire EYE is a “brand new category-shifting phone” while the RE is a “a remarkable little camera”.
HTC Desire EYE
Made for those who love to take photos, videos and selfies, the HTC Desire EYE comes with two 13MP camera. HTC said the BSI sensors capture crisp photos, even in low-light conditions, and intelligent dual-LED flash on both cameras provides flattering, natural tones when ambient light levels drop further.
The 5.2” Full HD smartphone also comes with three dedicated microphones and HTC BoomSound. It is also waterproof, featuring HTC’s new HTC EYE Experience and Zoe, with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and high-speed 4G connectivity.
Key features of the HTC Desire EYE:
- 5.2″ 1080p IPS display with 424ppi
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU; Adreno 330 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset; 2GB of RAM
- 13MP f/2.2 front-facing camera with two-tone, dual-LED flash; 1080p @30fps video recording
- 13MP f/2.0 main camera with two-tone, dual-LED flash; 1080p @30fps video recording; dedicated camera button
- 16GB of built-in memory; microSD card slot
- Cat. 4 LTE connectivity (150Mbps DL)
- Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX; NFC; GPS/GLONASS
- BoomSound front-facing stereo speakers
- IPX7 water and dust resistance certification (up to 1m of depth for 30 min)
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0 UI
- 2,400mAh non-removable battery
The HTC Desire EYE will be available from today onwards at all HTC authorize retailer in Malaysia with a recommended retail price of RM 1699. Two colors are available for the HTC Desire EYE which is Submarine Blue and Coral Red.
HTC RE Camera
RE is a small handheld camera that allows a user to capture pictures and videos.
Featuring a high-resolution, 16MP CMOS sensor, Full HD (1080p) video recording, 146 degree wide-angle lens, slow-motion and time lapse recording, RE is a new kind of camera – one that opens up a whole world of creative possibilities, HTC said.
RE’s built-in grip sensor instantly activates the camera as it’s picked up, eliminating the need for a power button. Its shutter button captures photos with a single tap and videos with a longer press.
RE interacts with the smartphone through the RE application, which syncs photos, videos and time-lapse recordings seamlessly over WiFi. The RE mobile app features a remote live viewfinder and will be available on both Android (4.3 and upwards) and iOS (7 & 8).
For developers, there’s an open API/SDK that will enable HTC’s partners to bring innovative new experiences to the device and to social platforms like Tencent and Instagram, the phone maker said. The company added that RE will soon offer real-time video streaming to YouTube.
The RE camera will be available in Malaysia mid-December, with a recommended retail price of RM699 at all HTC authorize retailer. Three colours are available for the Re Camera which is Navy, Orange, and White.