Huawei has launched its first single-touch fingerprint smartphone in Malaysia, Huawei Mate 7.
The Huawei Mate 7 features a 6-inch screen with FHD display for enhanced entertainment viewing, a slimmer 7.9mm body, an octa-core chipset, and a longer-lasting 4100 mAh battery.
Key features of the Huawei Mate 7:
- Available in 2GB or 3GB RAM
- Cat. 6 LTE connectivity, 300Mbps rated download speed
- 6″ 16M-color 1080p IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3, usable with gloves
- Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat with Emotion UI v3.0
- Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3GHz Cortex-A7, Mali-T628 GPU; 2GB or 3GB of RAM; Huawei Kirin 925 chipset
- 13MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera, 720p video recording, selfie panorama mode
- Fingerprint sensor
- 16GB or 32GB of built-in storage, side-mounted microSD card slot, hot-swap
- FM radio
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 4,100mAh non-removable battery
Huawei said that the Mate 7 saves up to 50% of the battery by automatically using smaller A7 cores to power standard apps that consumers use at least 80% of the time, and kicking in the larger A15 during high-performance use such as gaming. The processor will also automatically activate additional cores when it detects that 85% to 95% of a single core’s processing capability is being used.
The single-touch fingerprint scanner enables users to unlock the phone at least 80% faster than devices that use a slower sweeping recognition option. Located on the back of the handset and measuring 9.16mm x 9.16mm, the reader supports up to five sets of different fingerprint records which can be allocated to normal and guest modes, so a user can switch modes to enhance protection when securing private folders, applications, or payment information. It has a higher 508PPI ratio for enhanced reader accuracy – even works with wet fingers or under light rain conditions. ARM TrustZone stores encrypted data of the fingerprint within the chipset for better protection by SecureOS, and prevents direct access by third-parties.
The recommended retail price for the standard version of Huawei Mate 7 (2GB RAM and 16GB ROM) is RM1799 while the premium Mate 7 (3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM) is priced at RM1999.
The standard version of the Mate 7 will be available at authorized Huawei dealers nationwide now and the premium Mate 7 (3GB RAM and 32GB ROM) will be available in Malaysia on a later date. Customers who purchase the Huawei Mate 7 will receive an additional smart cover worth RM128 for free, while stock lasts.
Additionally, Huawei is offering a swap policy for the Mate 7 whereby users are entitled for a one-on-one exchange for any defects of the device that are not manmade within a period of one year starting from purchase date. The Mate 7 is available in three chic colors:
- Standard Version (2GB RAM and 16GB ROM) – Moonlight Silver and Obsidian Black (RM1799)
- Premium Version (3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM) – Amber Gold (RM1999)
During the media briefing, Huawei also showcased its latest G Series Smartphone, the Huawei G7. The G7 features a 5.5-inch HD screen, enhanced 4G LTE Cat4 connectivity and an optimized 13MP rear-facing camera. It will be available in Malaysia by end of December at a suggested retail price of RM999.