Uber, the global mobile app that allow consumers to book private cars, have teamed up with German automobile manufacturer, Volkswagen as well as more than 50 local celebrities in Malaysia for a good cause across 31 different charities.
As part of the ‘Uber Volkswagen Charity Drive With The Stars’ campaign, participating celebrities will be on the roads and driving for an average of 4 -5 hours each, starting at 9:30am tomorrow(12 December), till about 4:30pm. The cars that they will be driving will be a Volkswagen model of their choice, which include the following models; Scirocco, Tiguan, Touareg, Beetle, Polo, Passat, Golf, Jetta and Cross Touran.
The celebrities volunteered for the ‘Uber Volkswagen Charity Drive With The Stars’ initiative include Sazzy Falak, Ean Nasrun & Jinnyboy, Afdlin Shauki, Joyce Wong, Yasmin Hani, Lisa Surihani, Dynas Mokhtar, Sheena Liam, Reshmonu, Phat Fabes, JJ – Red FM, Moots Shuvit, Sarah Lian and more.
Full list of the “Uber Volkswagen Charity Drive With The Stars” celebs below:
- Adam C (Football Pundit)
- Afdlin Shauki (Comedian)
- Azura Zainal (Host)
- Bernard Hiew (Host)
- Carey Ng (Model)
- Chelsia Ng (Actress)
- Dan Khoo (Producer)
- Davina Goh (Lite FM Radio Host)
- Dynas Mokhtar (Model)
- Ean Nasrun (Hitz FM Radio Host)
- Hunny Madu (Fly FM Radio DJ, Host, Actress, Singer, Songwriter)
- Jeremy Teo (Red FM Radio DJ)
- Jinnyboy (Hitz FM Radio DJ)
- JJ Fernandez (Red FM Radio DJ)
- Joyce Wong (Blogger)
- Julie Woon (Model, Radio DJ)
- Kavin Jayaram (Comedian)
- Kudsia Kahar (Capital FM Radio DJ)
- Leng Sean (Model)
- Leng Yein (Model – DJ)
- Lisa Surihani (Model, Actress)
- Mark O’Dea (8TV Quickie Host)
- Michelle Lee (Football Pundit)
- Ming @dmingthing (YouTube Celebrity)
- Moots (Musician)
- Nadine Ann Thomas (Miss Malaysia Universe 2010)
- Nash Idrus (Host)
- Natalie Kniese (Mix FM Radio Announcer)
- Navster (Traffic News Presenter)
Nicholas Mak (Host)
- Pamela Chong (Model, Host)
- Patricia K (Model, DJ)
- Phat Fabes (Radio DJ)
- Priscilla Patrick (Traffic News Presenter)
- Rizal Van Geyzel (Comedian)
- Ryan De Alwis (Hitz FM Radio DJ)
- Ryan Matjeraie (Entertainer)
- Reem Shahwa (Football Pundit)
- Reshmonu (Musician)
- Reuben Kang (Radio DJ)
- Roshan Narayan (Football Pundit)
- Ryan M (Hitz FM Radio DJ)
- Sarah Lian (Host, Model, Actress)
- Sazzy Falak (Host, Model Actress)
- Serena C (Radio DJ)
- Sha’arin Razali Wong (Musician, Director, Entrepreneur)
- Sheena Liam (Asia’s Top Model)
- Thanuja Ananthan (Miss World Malaysia 2010)
- Vanessa Chong (Host)
- Venice Min (Blogger, Model)
- Vince Chong (Musician)
- Yasmin Hani Richardson (Producer)
- Yusry Halim (Singer, Producer)
Each trip will cost a minimum RM20, limited to Klang Valley(KLIA excluded), for short distances, not exceeding 30 mins per ride with a maximum seating capacity of 3 person. The total donation collected by each of these celebrity drivers will then be matched by both Uber and Volkswagen and be donated to their selected charity (minimum RM60 will be donated per trip).
Some of the charities listed as part of the campaign include Angels Children’s Home, Anti Bully Campaign by Caprice, Malaysia Nature Society, Rumah Kasih Harmoni, Reach Out Malaysia, Persatuan Diabetes Malaysia, Malaysian Independent Animal Rescue, Malaysian Dogs Deserves Better, Home for Girls, Woman’s Aid Organisation, Shelter Home, Teach for Malaysia and others.
Uber said the celebrities were given the chance to get used to their cars a few days before the actual event and full Uber partner driver training was provided to them by the relevant dedicated teams within both Uber and Volkswagen. Both drivers and their vehicles are also covered by the necessary insurances for the day.
To participate in this campaign and to be driven around by a celebrity tomorrow, users will need select “UberVW” in the Uber app, set the desired pickup location and click ‘Request Celebrity’.
“To show our appreciation to our loyal Uber riders, we decided on an on demand event where all parties could get involved in the spirit of giving with the simple press of a button. We are expecting a fun filled day which will be memorable for both the celebrity drivers and the riders” said Lakshmi Patmarajah, Head of Marketing for Uber Malaysia.
Armin Keller, Managing Director, Volkswagen Group Malaysia said, “We are more than a mobility provider. Volkswagen takes pride as a responsible corporate citizen. We are excited with this collaborative initiative with Uber and to spread some cheer this festive season.”
The Uber app works on Android and iOS smartphones.