Samsung announced the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge at Mobile Word Congress 2015 (MWC) which is taking place right now at Barcelona, Spain.
Apart from the edge screen on both side of the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and different battery capacity, both smartphones have similar feature and specifications.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) and the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925F):
- Network: LTE Cat.6 (300/50Mbps)
- Display: Samsung Galaxy S6 (5.1’’ Quad HD(2560×1440) 577ppi, Super AMOLED), Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (5.1’’ Quad HD(2560×1440 577ppi, Super AMOLED, Dual edge). Both smartphones protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Processor: Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5Ghz, Octacore application processor
- OS: Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Camera: Sony IMX240 sensor: 16MP Smart Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)(rear), 5MP (front)
- Camera Features: Quick Launch, Tracking AF, Auto Real-time HDR(Front & Rear) , F1.9, Low Light Video(Front & Rear), High Clear Zoom, IR Detect White Balance, Virtual Shot, Slow Motion, Fast Motion, Pro Mode, Selective Focus
- Additional Features: Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 4.0, Samsung Pay, Smart Manager, Microsoft Apps(OneDrive 115GB for 2 years, OneNote)
- Connectivity: WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), HT80 MIMO(2×2) 620Mbps, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile hotspot, Bluetooth: v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X, ANT+, USB: USB 2.0, NFC, IR Remote
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Fingerprint, Hall, HRM
- Memory: RAM: 3GB, LPDDR4, Internal Memory: 32/64/128GB, UFS 2.0
- Wireless Charging: WPC1.1(4.6W Output) & PMA 1.0(4.2W) compatible
- Dimension: Samsung Galaxy S6 (143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm, 138g), Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0mm, 132g)
- Battery: Samsung Galaxy S6 (2,550mAh), Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (2,600mAh)
Samsung also announced Samsung Pay, a new, easy-to-use mobile payment service that will launch on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in the United States during the second half of this year. Protected by Samsung KNOX, fingerprint scanning, and advanced tokenization, Samsung Pay works with both Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology to make it device, merchant and card issuer agnostic. Samsung Pay is certified by Visa & MasterCard.
The Sammung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge will be available globally starting from April 10, 2015 with 32/64/128GB storage options available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz (Galaxy S6 only) and Green Emerald (Galaxy S6 edge only).
No pricing details or announcement for Malaysia yet.