BlackBerry announced the availability of the all new BlackBerry Leap smartphone in Malaysia. The latest smartphone from BlackBerry is now available for pre-order on the 11Street Malaysia website at the recommended retail price (RRP) of RM1089.
In a statement, 11Street said that customers who pre-order through its online store will enjoy:
- 11street shopping coupon worth RM150 with each confirmed pre-order purchase
- BlackBerry premium cap and leather phone pouch provided free of charge to the first 100 pre-order buyers together with the device.
Key specifications of BlackBerry Leap:
- All-touch keyboard
- BlackBerry OS 10.3.1
- 5″ diagonal display, 720 x 1280 HD Resolution, 294 dpi
- 8MP, auto-focus rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 2 MP front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording
- LTE Bands: FD-LTE: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, HSPA+, Quad Band GSM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, microSD support up to 128GB
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait, Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, Battery life: up to 17 hours talk time (UMTS)
Features of BlackBerry Leap according to BlackBerry:
- Security to Maintain Privacy– You can feel safe in the knowledge that BlackBerry Leap was designed with the highest standards of security in mind to protect your privacy. It is equipped with support for encryption, plus built-in malware protection and back-up, wipe and restore. All to give you control and help secure your data against the next embarrassing and potentially costly cyberattack.
- Battery That Powers Through a Full Day– With up to 25 hours of heavy use, the BlackBerry Leap will power through even your most demanding day. The impressive 2800 mAh battery and optimization of power consumption in BlackBerry 10 gives users more than a full day of productive usage.
- Best-in-Class BlackBerry Keyboard– Type faster and more accurately on a touchscreen keyboard that learns how you write. With superior error correction, multi-language support, customized adaption and flow, BlackBerry’s touchscreen keyboard helps to reduce the mistakes and missteps that can hold you back.
- BlackBerry 10 OS 10.3.1– BlackBerry Leap comes preloaded with the new BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that users’ most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. Additional features include:
- BlackBerry Blend– BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM or text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry. BlackBerry Blend works across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, Windows 7+ and Android tablets running Android 4.4+ via cellular, USB or Wi-Fi connections.
- BlackBerry Assistant– The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
- Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
- BlackBerry World– BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
- Amazon Appstore– Discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
The BlackBerry Leap will be available in Malaysia through 11Street.my and other authorised dealers from 20 May, 2015 onwards.