The successor to G3, the LG G4 will be available in Malaysia starting July 4 at the retail price of RM2499, inclusive of GST. For a limited time, consumers will receive free genuine leather quick cover case and battery charging kit worth RM580.00 for every purchase of the LG G4.
The LG G4 was announced globally in April 2015. The newest flagship smartphone from LG comes with the new 5.5-inch IPS Quantum Display (offers 20% greater color reproduction, 25% improvement in brightness & 50% greater contrast) and sports a Slim Arc exterior design (which runs along its entire body, highlighted by a display with a subtle curvature).
Key Specifications of LG G4:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor with X10 LTE
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Memory: 32GB eMMC ROM, 3GB LPDDR3 RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0 / Front 8MP with F2.0 Aperture
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Mobile Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Size: 148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3 – 9.8 mm
- Weight: 155g (with battery)
- Network: 4G – LTE/ 3G -DC-HSPA+ (Up to 42Mbps)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1LE / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: [Genuine Leather] Black/Brown/Red
- Other: Manual Mode / Gesture Interval Shot / Quick Shot
LG said it designed the 16MP camera in the LG G4 to capture beautiful images, even under lighting conditions that are less than ideal. The camera module features a wide F1.8 aperture lens that allows 80 percent more light to reach the sensor and OIS 2.0. The camera in the LG G4 is complemented by Color Spectrum Sensor (CSS), the first feature of its kind to find its way into a smartphone. CSS improves color accuracy by precisely reading the RGB values of the ambient light in a scene, as well as the infrared light reflected from objects. CSS uses this information to adjust the camera’s white balance and flash color to create images that are as close to what one would see with the naked eye. With Color Spectrum Sensor, no longer will reds appear as bright orange or whites as dull yellow.
The G4 is the first LG phone to utilize the new human-centric UX 4.0 user interface that promises to be simpler and more intuitive to better understand and respond to the needs of each user. The improved UX eliminates unnecessary steps while providing more configuration options for advanced users. UX 4.0 features according to LG:
- Quick Shot allows customers to take pictures without opening the camera app by double tapping the phone’s Rear Key while the display is off. LG G4 also has an incredibly fast camera startup time of just six-tenths of a second.
- The new Gallery makes it extremely fast to scroll through thousands of pictures and view them on a timeline. The Memories feature automatically organizes photos and videos into event albums based on the time and place they were taken, without having to upload to the cloud.
- Event Pocket allows users to create one, unified calendar by dragging and dropping appointments and activities from multiple calendars and social media sites. After the initial setup, there is no need to log into multiple calendars.
- The improved Smart Notice provides more personalized notifications for weather, travel and more by analyzing habits, such as how a user commutes to work. This allows Smart Notice to issue personalized messages such as, “Make sure to take an umbrella on your way to the subway.”
LG G4 comes with Google Office pre-installed for easy collaboration on-the-go and G4 owners will receive an additional 100GB of Google Drive storage free for two years.
In Malaysia, LG G4 is distributed by Zitron Enterprise Sdn Bhd, one of the largest distributors in the country.