U Mobile launched its new prepaid plan called Power Prepaid Pack earlier today. The new U Mobile Power Prepaid Pack plan comes with 1GB free data every month, for life.
At RM8.50, the U Mobile Power prepaid starter pack offers the following:
- 200MB High Speed Mobile Internet
- 150 Minutes of Free Calls within the network (15min a day)
- RM5 mobile credit
- 10-Day validity period
- Lowest call rate of 5 sen/30sec (10sen/min) to all networks, 8sen/SMS
- Free basic Internet at 64Kbps (no Pay-As-You-Use charges)
- Free 1GB high speed 3G/4G LTE data every month (requires a one time RM10 reload, account needs to be active to use)
- Every RM1 top up is equivalent to 1 day of active period
Apart from that, active users will also be enjoying free 450 minutes (15min/day) of U Mobile to U Mobile calls every month.
The Telco told MalaysianWireless that its subscribers consume an average 2GB-3GB data a month. To date, there are more than 2 million U Mobile subscribers.
“U Mobile has always been the game changer in the market, with our innovative approaches setting industry benchmarks in the prepaid segment. This Free 1GB high-speed Internet every month for Life proposition changes the landscape of product offerings in the local market, which we believe will add even greater value to consumers as we cater to their ever-growing demand for data. We at U Mobile are constantly striving to serve our customers better, and to gain their trust through ground breaking approaches to our products and services,” said Jasmine Lee, Chief Marketing Officer of U Mobile.
Existing U Prepaid plan and New U Prepaid plan subscribers may switch to the new Power Prepaid plan starting 1 August 2015. There will be a one-time plan switching fee of RM3.
More info on the U Mobile website.