The Huawei honor 7 smartphone was announced in Malaysia yesterday. It will carry a price tag of RM1399.
The 5.2-inch smartphone has a metallic fingerprint reader that enables users to do everything from answer calls to take photos. When it comes to connectivity, Huawei claims that its Signal+ technology and a smart dual-antenna design allows for the networks with stronger signals to be found at 80-times the average speed of similar devices.
Honor 7 comes with a 20 MP rear-facing camera, which is powered by a Sony IMX 230 sensor and honor’s PDAF fast-focusing technology that allows its f/2.0-aperture lens to capture vivid low-light-condition images. The 8MP front-facing camera meanwhile offers a wide-angle f/2.4 aperture lens and built-in LED flash.
Key specifications of the Huawei honor 7 smartphone:
- Display: 5.2 inches, IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 424ppi
- Processor: Hisilicon Kirin 935 (Quad core A53 2.2GHz + Quad core A53 1.5GHz)
- Mobile OS: Android 5.0 + EMUI 3.1
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB, Micro SD Card (up to 128GB)
- 20 MP PDAF rear camera, 8MP front camera
- Dual SIM (support Nano card)
- Network: FDD LTE: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20, WCDMA: B1/B2/B8, GSM : Main card: 850/900/1800/1900, Second
- Wifi (802.11 a / b / g / n / ac 2.4GHz / 5GHz), GPS, Bluetooth 4.1
- Fingerprint sensor
- Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery
For added convenience, the device features voice capabilities, such as the ability to be woken up with a designated command, like “Dear honor”. Follow that up with a “where are you” and the device will call the user to find out its location. The honor 7 also makes taking screenshots easier with its knuckle-tap feature that allow users to tap the screen twice with their knuckles for an instant full-screen capture.
The honor 7 will be available in two colors, Mystery Gray and Fantasy Silver for RM1,399. Pre-orders will be on the Malaysia Vmall website from September 22nd, 12.00am onwards.