Celcom Axiata Berhad announced an exclusive partnership with New York based Yonder Music Inc to bring all its mobile subscribers digital music service, that provides ad-free access to millions of tracks to download, play and share.
As part of the exclusive partnership, Celcom subscribers will not be charged for using Yonder Music or the data they consume while using the service.
From now till 18 December 2015, Celcom subscribers (prepaid and postpaid) will enjoy unlimited streaming via the Yonder Music app. After that, only eligible subscribers on selected plans will be able to continue enjoy the service for free.
Key features of the Yonder Music app:
- Millions of international, regional and local tracks to download play and share and organize into playlists
- Search for music, CMT’s, and other Yonder users
- Tracks download to your device or SD card as they play so you can listen to them offline
- Related music continues to play (both online and offline) after the program (track, album, playlists or chart) your playing ends; Yonder is Always On
- Yonder’s Home screen is the Song Stream – a real time, social-algorithm selected list of music we think you’ll like that’s being played by other Yonder users
- Yonder provides a platform to trusted Authorities like Billboard and Shazzam, who provides us with playlists and charts to download and subscribe
The Yonder Music-Celcom partnership will dramatically increase music revenues in Malaysia and benefit artistes and composers who are paid in direct proportion to how many times their tracks are played, the companies said.
“We are democratising the business of music,” said Adam Kidron, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Yonder Music. “Currently, less than 1% of people pay to stream digital music. Yonder Music is the service of the 99%, providing a great user experience to mobile internet subscribers at no additional cost, while ensuring that artistes and composers are paid fairly in direct proportion to the amount of times their tracks are played.” “Our partnership with Celcom, and our collaboration with local and regional artistes and record labels will exponentially increase the market for legal digital music in Malaysia,” Kidron added.
“Celcom’s partnership with Yonder Music is a representation of us breaking forth into the next frontier, and as the first step of embracing digitalisation through the digital music industry. Yonder Music is exclusively for all Celcom customers. Download the app and try it out starting today till 18 December.” said Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin, Chief of Sales and Marketing Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad.
“We are extremely excited to offer the Yonder Music service to our customers as we are embracing digitalisation as the next step forward. Through this partnership, we are providing Malaysia and Celcom subscribers with unprecedented access to digital music via our unparalleled, seamless and widest network,” he said.
To celebrate the launch, Yonder Music has recorded a new R&B-pop version of the Man Bai classic “Kau Ilham Ku”. The track, which was produced by J-Key and Russell Curtis in New York City, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, features artistes like – Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza, Yuna, Ariel Noah, Afgan Syahreza, Elizabeth Tan, Cita Citata, Joe Flizzow, SonaOne, Jaclyn Victor and others.
Proceeds from the track benefit the Yonder Music Trust, a non-profit that contributes to organisations providing music education and poverty alleviation.[Download]– Yonder Music MY for Android