Samsung Malaysia Electronics announced the Samsung Gear S2 last week, the company’s latest smart watch.
Introduced in two different options – the Gear S2 and the Gear S2 classic – the Gear S2 classic is made for users who prefer a more timeless watch design, offering an elegant Black finish with a matching genuine leather band. The Gear S2 is ideal for those who are on-the-go and have an admiration for minimal and modern design, Samsung said.
Key features of the Samsung Gear S2:
- 1.2” circular Super AMOLED display with 360 x 360 pixels; 302ppi
- 1GHz dual-core CPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset
- 512MB of RAM; 4GB of built-in memory
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.1; NFC (with support for Samsung Pay)
- Optional 3G network connectivity and e-SIM support (Gear S2 3G)
- 250mAh battery (Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic); 300mAh battery (Gear S2 3G)
- Built-in heart rate sensor with S Health support
- Built-in accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, vibration/haptic engine
- Standard 20mm leather band (Gear S2 classic); swappable band with proprietary connector (Gear S2 and Gear S2 3G)
- Stainless steel body with IP68 rating for water and dust resistance (all variants)
- Rotating bezel for navigating through the Tizen OS user interface
- Compatible with all Android devices with Android 4.4 and up and more than 1.56GB of RAM
To welcome Samsung’s newest wearable to the Malaysian market, Samsung Malaysia Electronics is extending a pre-order promotion for customers nationwide. For a limited time only (20th – 23rd November 2015), customers who purchase the Gear S2 can enjoy 20% off the recommended retail price and receive a free additional charger with charging dock worth RM169. The pre-order promotion is limited to 500 units only so customers are encourage to place their order online at the Samsung Malaysia website.
Officially on sale from 27th November onwards, the recommended retail price of the Samsung Gear S2 is RM1399 while the Gear S2 classic is available at RM1599. The Samsung Gear S2 is offered in Dark Gray and Silver while the Gear S2 classic is black. The smartwatch also comes with additional changeable straps.