ASUS ZenFone Max (ZC550KL) is now available in Malaysia at the price of RM899, inclusive of GST.
The biggest highlight of the Asus ZenFone Max, the latest ZenFone series smartphone, is its 5000mAh battery which the company touts can work as a power bank for other devices. The company claims that the ZenFone Max can deliver up to 914 hours of standby time and up to 38 hours of talk time. However, like the other ZenFones, the battery on the Asus Zenfone Max is non-removable.
Key features of the ASUS ZenFone Max, according to Asus:
- 5000mAh battery holds charge for 38 days: ZenFone Max’s sleek frame secretes a monster battery — a 5000mAh cell custom-crafted from lithium-polymer to pack the maximum energy into the minimum space!
- Your go-everywhere power bank: Long-lasting 5000mAh battery that smarts charge other devices! Just connect your gadget to turn ZenFone Max into an instant power bank for juicing up on the go!
- 13MP clarity with ultra-fast laser auto-focus: PixelMaster camera with f/2.0-aperture lens that captures stunning, hi-resolution photos with zero shutter lag. The ultra-fast laser auto-focus feature greatly reduces blurring and enhances image stabilization, and industry-leading Low Light mode employs pixel-merging technology to capture up to 400% brighter photos at night or in low-light scenes – without flash!
- Look sharp, travel smooth: Surrounded by a striking metal-effect bezel that’s as stylish to behold as it is smooth to touch, so you’ll look sharp as it slips smoothly into your pocket or purse. With the look and feel of embossed leather, ZenFone Max is finished to be as beautiful as it is powerful!
- Maximum productivity and multimedia entertainment: Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, ample power for your daily tasks and activities. Featuring LTE Category 4 for download speeds up to 150Mbps!
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Stunningly strong, gorilla strong: Offers twice (2x) drop-damage resistance of its predecessor, a 2.5x increase in retained strength and 85% less likely to break in daily use — making it stronger than ever before!
- A simpler, smarter, more personalized ZenUI experience: Enjoy the freedom, connection, and expression of ASUS ZenUI, the sublime interface that makes everything easier, safer and more enjoyable than never before.
In terms of specifications, the Asus ZenFone Max features a 5.5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) IPS display and runs ZenUI 2.0 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor clocked at 1GHz with 2GB of DD3 RAM. It comes with 16GB of built-in storage which can be expanded up to 64GB (via microSD card).
The dual-SIM smartphone has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and also comes with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. Other connectivity options include 4G LTE, 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.