In conjunction with the launch of GrabCar in Johor Bahru, the company introduced a new promotion last week called Incredible RM1 Ride Promo. With the new promotion, customers can now enjoy rides at RM1 for the first 5km when they pay via credit/debit card in the Klang Valley and Johor Bahru.
GrabCar, a private hire car hailing service, was launched in the Klang Valley in 2014. It operates based on a fixed-fare and passengers can choose to pay either via cash or credit/debit card.
Key features of GrabCar:
- Drivers are required to go through stringent background checks, (however, any cars beyond six years old must be reviewed),
- Both drivers and passengers have access to the 24-7 customer service
- Drivers can connect to the nearest police station in the event of an emergency via the PDRM button on the driver’s app, and
- Passengers can share their ride via social media platforms with their friends and family so they can keep track of their whereabouts
- Insurance policy that covers both passengers and drivers (up to RM64,200 per person in Malaysia)
- Pilot in-car CCTV initiative to enhance the safety of passengers and female drivers
Formerly known as GrabTaxi, the service is one of the largest transport booking app in Southeast Asia. It is available in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The app allow users to book for taxis (GrabTaxi), private car services (GrabCar), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch) and last mile delivery (GrabExpress).
According the Grab website for Malaysia, the Grab services (GrabCar and Taxi) are available in Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, Kuching, Penang, Kota Kinabalu and Johor.
The Grab app is available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. It has been downloaded on more than 12 million mobile devices and over 220,000 vehicles across the region.