The latest smartphone from Apple, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in Malaysia starting October 14, 2016.
To date, Celcom Axiata have announced that pre-order for the iPhone 7 will begin on October 7 in Malaysia. So far only Celcom and U Mobile have starting accepting registration of interest for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus while Digi and Maxis have indicated that they will be offering the latest smartphone soon.
Key features of the iPhone 7:
- Metal unibody with redesigned, less-obtrusive antenna strips
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant
- 4.7″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD of 750 x 1334px resolution, 326ppi, wide color gamut, 3D Touch tech
- Pressure-sensitive Home key powered by a brand new Taptic Engine
- Quad-core (2+2) 64-bit Apple CPU, hexa-core GPU, 2GB of RAM, Apple A10 Fusion SoC
- 12MP F/1.8 camera with a quad-LED flash, optical image stabilization, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture, face and body detection; [email protected] video recording
- 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, [email protected] video
- Comes in 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB of built-in storage
- Fingerprint sensor built into the new Home button
- 4G LTE Cat.12 (600Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS; NFC (Apple Pay only)
- 1,960mAh battery
There are no major difference between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus apart from the size of the phones and camera. The Apple iPhone 7 has a 4.7-inch size display, while the iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5-inch display. Other than this, the iPhone 7 features a single 12MP sensor with a f/1.8 aperture, while the iPhone 7 Plus features two 12MP rear camera. The first is a wide-angle lens with a f/1.8 aperture, the other is a telephoto lens with a f/2.8 aperture.
The new iPhones does not come with the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Apple includes new EarPod headphones with lightning cable in the retail box as well as a 3.5mm to Lightning port adapter.
Compared to the previous iPhones, the iPhone 7 has a new Home button, now pressure sensitive, as opposed to physically clicking. Instead, the new Home button uses haptic feedback.
At the top and bottom, the iPhone 7 sports stereo speakers. It boasts 2x the volume of the iPhone 6s as well as an improved audio range.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available in the colours of Black, Jet Black, Gold, Silver and Rose Gold in Malaysia.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 are already available in close to 60 countries around the world including Singapore. No official pricing have been announced yet for Malaysia.