U Mobile Sdn Bhd unveiled a brand new initiative called U Special Loyalty Programme to reward both prepaid and postpaid customers.
Benefits of the U Special Loyalty Programme:
- a) Device protection benefits (max 1 claim per activation)
-Loss or damage to mobile service and SIM card replacement due to snatch theft or robbery. (Up to RM500)
-Unauthorized calls charges in the event of theft of mobile phone. (up to RM200)
- b) Travel inconvenience benefits (applicable only when travelling by air)
– Loss of baggage (Up to RM200)
– Damage or loss of travel documents due to robbery or theft. (up to RM500)
- c) Hospital allowance benefits (applicable only during travel period)
– Pays a daily allowance for each day when you are confined to a registered hospital as an in-patient due to an accident during your trip. (up to RM50)
- d) Free Starbucks Coffee meal at KLIA or KLIA 2 when you travel overseas. Valid for first 1,000 redemption every month.
- e) Enjoy 15% discount at 7 Berjaya Hotel Resorts properties in the country
There will also be other benefits from time to time.
The loyalty program is free and by invitation only. To qualify, the individual needs to be an U Mobile customer, spend over RM50 a month and have a tenure of a minimum of 12 months and above with U Mobile. Membership will be reviewed every 6-months. The Telco said it will communicate directly with eligible customers via SMS and/or email. U Mobile customers may login into U Mobile’s Self Care portal or the MyUMobile app to check their eligibility.
To celebrate the newly minted loyalty programme, U Mobile customers were invited to an exclusive dinner where they got to enjoy a wide buffet spread and get up close and personal with Chef Malcom, from programmes such as ‘Great Dinners of the World’ and ‘Back to the Streets’ on the Asian Food Channel (AFC). The guests also got to mingle with the U Mobile team.
Jasmine Lee, U Mobile’s Chief Marketing Officer, revealed that great efforts were taken to develop the U Special Loyalty Programme as the telco was not looking to just give standard privileges. U Mobile was really interested in taking a more comprehensive approach in presenting offers that are relevant to the customers.
“We really wanted to thank our customers for their loyalty and for staying with us; but instead of just offering standard privileges, we wanted to take on a more total approach. Hence, a good example would be the free meals we are offering our customers prior to their trip at KLIA and KLIA 2, free travel insurance inclusive of device protection, travel inconvenience and hospitalisation benefits and the special discounts at selected Berjaya Hotel Resorts,” said Jasmine. She added that these are just some of the things that U Mobile believes will enhance their customers’ lifestyle. The telco is also constantly looking at adding more specials to the U Special loyalty programme to maximise customer benefits.