Advertised as the world’s most secure Android smartphone, BlackBerry DTEK50 is now available in Malaysia, available exclusively through leading retail store partners of BrightStar Malaysia at RM1,339, inclusive of GST.
BlackBerry DTEK50 runs Android Marshmallow 6.0, features a 5.2-inch FullHD IPS display and is powered by the Snapdragon 617 chipset. There are 3GB of RAM on board, built-in storage is 16GB and a 13MP/8MP camera. The DTEK50 is BlackBerry’s second smartphone to run Android, after the high-end Priv which was made available in Malaysia late last year.
Features that make DTEK50 the most secure Android smartphone, according to BlackBerry Limited:
- Rapid Security Patching: BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches, setting the bar in incident response and patch management to protect your device from malicious threats.
- DTEK by BlackBerry App: Enables users to automatically monitor their OS and apps to know when their privacy could be at risk and to take action to improve it. The DTEK app also tracks applications and notifies you when someone is: taking pictures or videos without your knowledge, turning your microphone on, sending a text message, or accessing your contacts or location.
- Hardware Root of Trust: BlackBerry’s manufacturing process uses a proprietary technique that adds security from the start, allowing for the tracking, verification and provisioning of DTEK50.
- Secure Boot Process: Starting with the root of trust, each stage of DTEK50’s secure boot chain must first verify that the next component is fully intact before proceeding, ensuring your device has not been tampered with since the last restart.
- Android OS hardening: BlackBerry provides additional security patches, zygote ASLR and pathtrust to make it more difficult for attackers to target a device by scrambling application/system memory.
- FIPS 140-2 Compliant Full Disk Encryption: Protects your private information, like pictures or bank information, from being stolen if you were to lose your phone.
More details on the BlackBerry website.