The Huawei Mate 9 will be available in Malaysia soon, at the price of RM2699.
Starting November 22, Huawei said that Malaysians will be one of the first globally to get their hands on the Huawei Mate 9 in Champagne Gold and Mocha Brown which will be available for purchase at all Huawei Authorized Dealers.
Malaysians will be able to secure a unit online starting today exclusively via Lazada Malaysia and Vmall. Additionally, the first 10 customers to make an online purchase will get a free foldable Bluetooth Keyboard worth RM499.
The HUAWEI Mate 9 features a second generation dual-lens camera co-engineered with Leica. The rear camera has a 12-megapixel/F2.2 RGB sensor, a 20-megapixel/F2.2 monochrome sensor and enhanced image fusion algorithms that “work in concert to produce stunning photography”.
Other features include a 5.9” FHD display, Android 7.0 with the latest Huawei EMUI 5.0, a 4,000 mAh high-density battery with Huawei’s all new SuperCharge technology, Kirin 960 chipset with Huawei’s Machine Learning Algorithm and more.
Key features of the Huawei Mate 9:
- Display: 5.9″ IPS LCD, 1080p resolution (373ppi); 2.5D glass, 96% NTSC colors
- Processor: Kirin 960 chipset, Octa-core processor (4 x 2.4 GHz A73 + 4 x 1.8 GHz A53), Mali-G71 MP8 GPU, i6 co-processor
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, microSD slot up to 256GB (hybrid, uses SIM2 slot)
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0; split screen multitasking
- Camera: 12MP color + 20MP black & white, 4K video, Leica branding, F/2.2 lens, Hybrid Zoom (2x magnification), OIS, can change focus and lighting in photos after they are taken
- Selfie/Front camera: 8MP, f/1.9 lens
- Battery: 4,000mAh; 5A Fast charging (58% charge in 30 min), Super Safe 5-gate protection, which offers real-time voltage, current and temperature monitoring to eliminate safety hazards and safeguard battery life
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, IR blaster, Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz/5Ghz a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 + LE, NFC, USB Type-C
Consumers who purchase the Huawei Mate 9 will enjoy the following after sales services:
- One-to-one device exchange within the 12-month warranty period
- Free door-to-door pick-up and delivery service
- 3-months LCD screen warranty from Proof of Purchase Date – One Time only
- Two free cleaning service within the 12-month warranty period
- Dedicated “VIP” hotline Service
“We are extremely excited for Malaysians who will be some of the first proud owners in the world to experience the Mate 9. Malaysia is a key market for Huawei, as such, we are not only committed to continue delivering products that enrich our consumers’ mobile user experience and digital lifestyle but also in a timely manner with the rest of the world,” said Matthew Ng, Deputy Country Director of Huawei Malaysia.
“We believe that after the P9 series, the Mate 9 will further enhance Huawei Malaysia’s strong position in the premium segment, giving end users the best technology and innovation available at a reasonable price point,” he added.