Digi CXO Apprentice programme is back again this year offering a full-year direct mentorship programme with all of its top management team members.Digi CXO Apprentice programme is a 12-month apprenticeship for eight (8) bright young talents, each tagged to one of eight (8) Digi Chiefs (CXOs): Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Network Officer, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Chief HR Officer, Chief IT Officer and Chief Digital Officer.
The objective and mechanics for Year Two Digi CXO Apprentice programme remain similar to the first year – in that digitally-savvy and purpose-driven fresh graduates compete for eight (8) exclusive spots to apprentice with Digi’s top management team for a year.
The selected eight Digi CXO Apprentice will experience the priceless opportunity of being exposed to high-level decision-making, dealing with real business challenges, working on high-impact projects across different business areas to shape how Digi delivers digital experiences for its 11 millions customers – all with direct input and guidance from their respective management mentors:
- Accelerated learning and development giving apprentices a competitive edge at the start of their career
- Front row seats to decision-making
- 365 days of Direct CXO mentorship
- Solve real challenges across the company
- Live Digi’s workplace promise of having the freedom to inspire the next
The apprentices will also be empowered to explore, innovate and implement their projects in a culture that gives them the freedom to inspire the next generation of digital products and services.
Year Two 2017 Digi CXO Apprentice Timeline:
- Applications for Year Two 2017 open in end-April and will close by end-May
- Mid-June: Shortlisted candidates invited to participate in a game-based assessment
- Early-July: Top 50 candidates invited to the Freedom Challenge
- End-July: Top 25 candidates invited for the final assessment in July
- The 8 Apprentices to be selected by end-July and begin in August.
“The past twelve months have been an accelerated learning curve for both Digi and our first batch of apprentices. From Digi’s perspective, this was a great opportunity to strengthen our future talent pipeline, and gain deeper insights into managing and gearing our workplace to harness the potential of young talent,” said Digi’s Chief Human Resource Officer Haroon Bhatti.
The pioneering batch of Digi CXO Apprentice has reached the final quarter of their programme, and discussions are currently ongoing to identify their future roles. Their respective CXOs will continue mentoring them while they transition into their new roles as part of their ongoing development roadmaps, Digi said.
“This version of the programme will have a more guided approach to management mentorship while immersing the apprentices in an explorative, agile way of working from the on-start of their career. The apprentices will work in sprints throughout their apprenticeship. They will begin by building a solid understanding of our business and our customers’ needs, which they will use to solve business and organisation-wide challenges from within their respective divisions,” he added.
Digi said final-year university students in their final semester with a Bachelor’s Degree or fresh graduates who have worked for less than a year from any background could apply for the programme:
- Open to Malaysians only
- Communicate well and with confidence
- Have the will to win
- Possess a collaborative attitude
- Able to reason out issues and solve problems
- Desire to overcome challenges
- Want to work in a digital company
For more on Digi CXO Apprentice and to apply, visit this link. Submissions to apprentice with Digi are open until 26 May 2017.