At Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019, Huawei Consumer Business Group (CBG) unveiled the World’s Fastest 5G Foldable Phone, HUAWEI Mate X.
The HUAWEI Mate X features a high strength flexible OLED panel and a falcon wing mechanical hinge, 7nm multi-mode 5G modem chipset Balong 5000, a high-capacity 4500mAh battery supporting the world’s fastest 55W HUAWEI SuperCharge and the brand new Interstellar Blue finish. When folded, the device is a huge display smartphone with a 6.6-inch screen, and when opened, it turns into a slim tablet with an 8-inch screen.
The 6.6-inch dual display panel equipped on the HUAWEI Mate X is a true FullView display. When unfolded, it transforms into an 8-inch tablet with a 5.4mm thick.
Moreover, the HUAWEI Mate X comes with an integrated Fingerprint Power Button that enables users to power up the device with one tap, offering a secure and convenient experience.
Equipped with the world’s first 7nm 5G multi-mode modem chipset Balong 5000, it is said to support download speeds up to 4.6Gps on the Sub-6GHz band (theoretical). Balong 5000 is also the world’s first chipset to support both Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) architectures, users will not need a device upgrade to continue enjoying 5G connectivity. The HUAWEI Mate X’s dual SIM feature supports both 4G and 5G.
The Huawei Mate X should be available globally in the second half of this year, with a price tag of EUR 2299 (estimated RM11,000) for an 8GB + 512GB unit.
Key features of the Huawei Mate X:
- 5G (up to 4.6Gps), 4G (LTE-A Cat21 1400/200 Mbps), 3G and 2G capable
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 8.0 inches, 205.0 cm2 (~86.9% screen-to-body ratio), 2200 x 2480 pixels (~414 ppi density)
- Folded cover display: 6.6″, AMOLED, 1148 x 2480 pixels (19.5:9)
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm), Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55), Mali-G76 MP10 GPU
- Hybrid Nano Dual SIM
- 512 GB, 8 GB RAM
- NM (Nano Memory) slot, up to 256GB (uses SIM 2)
- Camera:40 MP (f/1.8, 27mm wide, 1/1.7″), PDAF, 16 MP (f/2.2, 17mm, ultrawide), 8 MP (f/2.4, 52mm telephoto), Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR, Video (2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 55W, Huawei SuperCharge (85% in 30 min)
- Colour: Interstellar Blue