Samsung‘s foldable smartphone, Galaxy Z Flip is now available for purchase in Malaysia after a two-month long pre-order program since March 2020.
Featuring an “Infinity Flex Display” with Samsung’s proprietary bendable Ultra Thin Glass (UTG), Galaxy Z Flip is officially available for purchase at the Samsung Malaysia E-store, Samsung Experience Stores and selected Samsung Authorised Partners including senQ, Courts, Harvey Norman, Urban Republic, Lazada and Shopee starting today. The foldable smartpone has a recommended retail price of RM5,888, comes in Mirror Purple, Mirror Gold and Mirror Black colours.
Features of the Galaxy Z Flip according to Samsung:
- Style that Fits in Your Pocket – Designed for ultimate portability, Galaxy Z Flip folds into the size of a wallet, so you can easily fit it in your pocket or bag. When closed, it is a stylish, compact palm-sized device. When opened, its screen size nearly doubles to reveal a stunning 6.7-inch display. With its stylish color palette, sleek rounded corners and forward fold that closes with a satisfying snap, Galaxy Z Flip is sure to turn heads.
- Samsung’s First Foldable Glass Display – Galaxy Z Flip features an Infinity Flex Display with Samsung’s proprietary bendable Ultra Thin Glass (UTG), making it slimmer with a sleek, premium look and feel that has never been seen with a foldable device before. The centered in-display camera cutout at the top also means there’s no notch and no distractions, with Samsung’s first-ever 21.9:9 ratio, so you can enjoy even more of your favorite content such as cinema-ratio 21:9 shows and movies.
- New Hideaway Hinge – Galaxy Z Flip’s Hideaway Hinge is a work of engineering art. It’s backed by a dual CAM mechanism – small but sophisticatedly designed to ensure every flip and fold is smooth and stable. Galaxy Z Flip can stay open at a range of angles, like a laptop screen. The Hideaway Hinge system also integrates Samsung’s new sweeper technology, which uses nylon fibers crafted by micro-height-cutting technology to repel dirt and dust.
- Do more – Hands-free – When Galaxy Z Flip unfolds, it can stay open at multiple angles, unlocking opportunities for selfies that show more of the world around you and expressive video chats with Google Duo – all hands-free.
- Flex mode – Samsung worked closely with Google to design Flex mode – a custom-built user experience for Galaxy Z Flip’s unique forward folding form factor. When the device is free-standing, the display automatically splits into two 4-inch screens so you can easily view images, contents or videos on the top half of the display, and control them on the bottom half. Easily watch and navigate YouTube – stream on the top while searching for other videos, reading descriptions and writing comments on the bottom.
- Game Changing Camera – Galaxy Z Flip literally stands on its own so that you can capture more, on-the-go – from timed group shots to vivid nighttime content. You can create content for your social media feeds from the best angle and enjoy video recording with a 16:9 ratio that’s perfect for uploads to social media platforms, hands-free – no tripod needed. Capture stunning Night Hyperlapse videos or vivid low light shots with Night mode – no flash needed. Just open your device and place it on a table. When closed, quickly capture one-handed high-quality selfies using the rear camera without unfolding.
- Notifications on Your Terms – Whether Galaxy Z Flip is closed, standing upright or open, never miss a text, call or reminder. When closed, check the date, time and battery status at a glance on the cover display. Get real time notifications so you can easily answer a call without unfolding or respond to a text by simply tapping the notification and unfolding your Galaxy Z Flip.
- Multi-Active Window – Seamlessly multi-task with Multi-Active Window – simply open the Multi-Window Tray to drag and drop the apps you want to use. Scroll through an article on the latest fashion looks on the top half while shopping for your favorite pieces on the bottom.
Key specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip:
- Processor: 7nm 64-bit Octa-core (1×2.95 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485),Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+
- Memory & Storage: 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage
- Battery: 3,300 mAh, Fast and Wireless Charging
- Operating System: Android 10
- Connectivity: Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download Speeds, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload Speeds, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 256QAM, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Main Display: 6.7“ FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED Display(21.9:9) Infinity Flex Display, 2636 x 1080, 425ppi
- Cover Display: 1.1“ Super AMOLED Display, 300 x 112, 303ppi
- Front Camera: 10MP Selfie Camera: F2.4
- Rear Dual Camera: 12MP Ultra Wide Camera: F2.2, 12MP Wide-angle Camera: Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.8
- SIM Type: Nano SIM and eSIM
- Weight: 183g
- Build: Plastic front, glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Others: Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side), Mono Speaks, Earphones (USB Type-C) with sound by AKG, Samsung Pay
For more information, please visit the Samsung Malaysia website.