Home / Tag Archives: Green Packet

Tag Archives: Green Packet

TM to shut down P1 WiMAX Network, improve Unifi Mobile Services

After more than a decade, Packet One Networks (P1) is shutting down its WiMAX network in phases to make way for Unifi Mobile. P1 is now a subsidiary of Telekom Malaysia (TM).

Read More »

TM announce new P1 board members & key management line-up

Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) announced the new Packet One Networks (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (P1) board members and key management line-up earlier this month. Late September, TM emerges as the new holding company for P1 with a shareholding of 55.3%; and the remaining 44.7% is shared between Green Packet Berhad (31.1%) and SK Telecom Co., Ltd (13.6%). Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, ...

Read More »

Telekom Malaysia (TM) now owns 55.3% of P1

Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) announced the completion of the Investment Agreement for its partnership with Green Packet Berhad (Green Packet) and SK Telecom Co., Ltd (SK Telecom) for the three parties to share in the ownership and collaborate in the future growth of Packet One Networks (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (P1), a WiMAX Internet provider in Malaysia. The agreement was first ...

Read More »

P1 plans to deploy 4G LTE via the 850Mhz band, works on Samsung & Apple mobile devices

Packet One (P1) Networks revealed that it plans to deploy 4G LTE service via the 850Mhz band. Late last month, Telekom Malaysia(TM) acquired a 57% stake in the WiMAX operator. The 850Mhz band belongs to Telekom Malaysia. Speaking to MalaysianWireless earlier this month, Puan Chan Cheong or better known as CC Puan, said that P1 will launch its LTE service ...

Read More »

Green Packet appoints Michael Lai

Former TM Net Sdn Bhd chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Lai has joined Green Packet Bhd and has been tasked to spearhead its global operations and to expand its business presence abroad. Green Packet said in a statement on Jan 15 that Lai has been appointed the new CEO of its global marketing arm Green Packet International Sdn Bhd effective ...

Read More »